Friday, September 28, 2007

A quiet place of rest...

Wow! Boy, when God answered my hearts desire of full-time ministry, he answered it! I never in my life would have imagined the craziness of it all! I knew this week was going to be even more time consuming for me than they already are so now it is time for rest.

"The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile. He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to eat." (Mark 6:30-31)

When the apostles were giving an account to Jesus concerning their ministry tour they were "spent." Jesus lead a busy life but he also knew the importance of rest. He said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." When people, events, and things are pulling you at every direction there comes a time when you need to find a quiet place and rest ahile.

So what about you? Have you been working hard for the kingdom and need a break? Even Jesus knew the importance of leading His apostles to rest. Is He leading you?

My wife and I will leave this afternoon for a short rest to a quiet place to celebrate our "5th Wedding Anniversary." We are going to rest. I pray you have the opportunity to rest too.

God Bless your soul.

Beck

No comments: