Saturday, May 13, 2006

Single Moms Night

Life Church West Monroe wrapped up it's Single Moms Night last night with a room full of single mothers in our area whom we wanted to honor.
Let me say this; I've been able to minister in alot of different ways and settings but this comes close to topping it all. Guys, this is what it is all about,serving people!
I had the great honor to wait "hand and foot" and to serve these ladies last night. My motto, "keep the tea glasses full!". Although, it does give you some sort of satisfaction to serve people that is not why we are to serve. We are to serve people not because it makes US feel good but because Jesus commanded us to! We are told to imitate Christ!
Guys, we can reach many people in our area by simply serving them! We reach those whom we serve! I'm all about preaching a straight forward gospel message but we need not more preachers, but far more servants.People are more out to hear what we have to say when they see how much we care and we show them how much we care by serving!
A great preacher once said, "Preach the gospel at all times...and when necessary use words!" Let's live the gospel!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that was a blessing to all who were there.

Anonymous said...

Its so great to serve under someone like you, that has such a big heart, and a willingness to serve. Your doing awesome, I'm so proud of you. Thanks for everything you do for us, I know it takes alot of time and work. But you are greatly appreciated. Don't get discouraged, but look at the smiling faces, and the lives that are getting changed,whenever you feel down. I'm so glad to be able to call you my youth pastor!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it awesome! You have such a servants heart, You are always willing to bless and help anyone! I'm so happy to be a part of your "team" in the youth! I love you and Jodi so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the encouraging words!
I love you girls! You're the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Beck,

You did an outstanding job serving the single moms. I really appreciate the heart that you put into it. It meant a whole lot. I am so glad to have a teammate like yourself.

Joel

Anonymous said...

Beck,
I was so proud of you! You did an OUTSTANDING job serving the women! You are such a servant. I am honored to have you as my husband! (and my baby's daddy)!
I love you!