Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Jail Ministry

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

I had the great honor of ministering in U.P.D.C. in Farmerville, LA again last night.
Last time we ministered in this facility we preached in what is called the D.O.C. and they already have a church established in this particular area. We decided to go in a different unit this time to have the opportunity to reach out to inmates where there is no "church" established. As the iron doors closed behind us I realized this was far from the "churchy" setting we had preached in weeks prior. We entered into the very large room of inmates greeted with rap music, inmates giving haircuts, and alot what you would see on the T.V. We made a few rounds shaking hands and talking with several of the inmates until it was time to round them up to have church. Most all of them were very attentive and wanted to hear what we had to say. After we "tag teamed" preached, mobs of them came forward for prayer and we spoke life into them.
I always realize Romans 3:23 applies to EVERYONE. We have ALL made mistakes. Thier mistakes are no different than the ones I have made. Sin is sin and it all leads to the same thing-death! We spoke to them about how God reconciled us to himself through his son Jesus Christ and that all who believed would be saved. We tried to bring hope in a hopeless place, life into a place of oppression, and encouragement to all within the sound of our voice.
I'm always thankful to go and minister there but I'm always thankful to walk out the doors. Thank you Lord for saving me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck!
Thats awesome. Your such an awesome man of God, you dont take anything for granted. You take the time to reach out, and be there for anyone in need. Thanks for being my youth pastor! Your the best!!! I'll see you tonight, say a prayer for me, I'm not feeling too good, today, and I'm on my way to the doctor!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that must have been a blessing. When Randy and I went to Angolo for the rodeo I thought about you. You would love it there. Not because of the rodeo or the atmosphere but because of the ministry. That is the first thing i thought of when I saw those inmates behind the fence...for life! Wow, and Yes, Thank you God for saving us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. You both are a blessing. See you tonight Hannah! Get well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck! You have such a heart for the lost. God is going to use you to reach many more. You are such a blessing.

Stacie

Anonymous said...

Hey, call me after 5:00 on my alltel phone...

Anonymous said...

Hey, call me after 5:00 on my alltel phone...