Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Does God trust you?

We've all been asked the question, "Do you trust God?" but another question we need to ask ourselves is, "Does God trust me?" "What do you mean does God trust me?" "Does God trust me with what?" "Or better yet with whom?"

I once heard a preacher say the greatest priviledge to have is for God to entrust us with another human being. Who out there is trusting you? Who out there is counting on you?

Recently, I was ministering in a prison when I asked for a show of hands of all the inmates who had dreams? Amazingly, almost all of them raised their hands! But what happened? How did it end up like this? What went wrong? You see all of them had maybe God given dreams at one time (and still do) but somehow they were crushed! Maybe they lost sight! Maybe they lost focus! Maybe they gave up but nevertheless they had dreams!

Just a few weeks ago I asked all of the leaders (both adults and teens) involved in our student ministry to write down whatever it was they believed God had called them to do. In other words, write down thier God given dreams. As I read over them something inside of me lit up. I am going to do whatever I can (in my power) to help them see thier dreams come true! I am going to encourage them to stay focused on thier dreams and to come against anything that would crush thier dreams! Not to lose sight! Not to lose focus! Not to let thier lives end up in a concrete prison with crushed hopes and dreams.

You see Jesus focused on his inner circle. Not that he didn't care about the masses because he did. But the Father entrusted 12 people which he called his apostles and he spent countless hours with them. Mentoring them, leading them, teaching them, and yes rebuking them when needed. They trusted him and all gave thier lives for him but one.

Whose dream are you trying to help come true today? Who trusts you? Who looks up to you? Who looks to you for help and guidance? Is it your wife? Your kids? That employee "under" you? Make it happen and you will be the one that is successful!

Be blessed!

Beck

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Wonderful Wonderful post!~

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a post. That is some good stuff Beck. You have a real God given vision and dream. Hold on to it! It will come to pass.

Anonymous said...

Beck, I know that God has BIG things instore for you. You are always willing to help someone else. You are a great example of a servant. I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck!
Thanks so much for being there for us. I dont tell you enough how important to me you are. How much you mean to me, and how much it means to me that you do what you do for the youth. You have such a giving and compassionate heart, I can't even begin to imagine all the gifts you have stored in heaven, waiting for you. I'll see you in a bit, and I think your team is going to win too.. Shhhhhh dont tell LOL... Your the bomb! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys, you're the best!