Monday, April 10, 2006

X24 Aftermath

Well...We made it through the weekend and are STILL trying to recover!
Our first annual X24 Weekend was a great success thanks to everyone who came together in this team effort! All I can say is if you missed out on this weekend; well you just missed out!
Worship which was lead by "Altered" was so very powerfully annointed as I saw some teenagers worship God for the first time ever in song! The messages by Pastor Kevin Bates were life changing all weekend as he spoke on "Identity"(I still kick myself for not recording these).
Yes we had fun eating, fellowshiping, paintballing, staying up all night, egging, waterballooning, etc., etc., etc., but most importantly I believe we all connected with God in some way!
The only hope for this generation of teenagers (as with any) is Christ! I believe our teens are hungry for what is real and what is lasting! I believe they hunger for truth and authenticity! I believe they have the power through Christ to change! I believe they are leaders not followers!Our teenagers are not the church of tomorrow they are the church of today! Let's continue to stand beside them and walk with them into thier destiny to which God has called them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard that.

Anonymous said...

HEY BECK!
It was awesome, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the world again. Once I can walk HAHA! I am so sore, but I did sleep late today. It was awesome!!! :)

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful!! I wish I could have been a part of such a great event. Maybe next year. Your youth is on the rise!

Anonymous said...

Beck,

You and Jodi did an awesome job with "X 24". I was really ministered to during the meetings. I was so proud of you and Jodi and all of our teens. Keep fanning that fire! You are a huge blessing.

Joel

Anonymous said...

Beck,

Thanks so much for all your hard work! It was worth it all! I love you and Jodi so much, Thanks for being such great youth leaders!

Anonymous said...

One thing this weekend taught me was...MAN, I'M GETTING OLDER!!!! I am sore from all that running!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya beck, i couldn't hardly walk yesterday!!! lol!

Anonymous said...

I'm onl 21 and I'm still hurting 3 days later.

Anonymous said...

Same here, All that running from the boys, And YOU shooting your own team ;)