Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Obedience

“There I gave them my decrees and regulations so they could find life by keeping them. And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the Lord, who had set them apart to be holy. But the people of Israel rebelled against me, and they refused to obey my decrees there in the wilderness. They wouldn’t obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life.” (Ezekiel 20:11-13)
“But their children, too, rebelled against me. They refused to keep my decrees and follow my regulations, even though obedience would have given them life.” (Ezekiel 20:21)


Each of us are faced each day with doing life our own way, the world's way, or God's way. So many insist on doing life thier own way believing that they will find life by following thier own desires. Little do they know by following thier selfish desires they are actually being robbed of life. The only way we will find true life is by doing life God's way. We know what "God's way" is because God has given us His word.

God had given Israel decrees, regulations, and Sabbath days he expected them to follow. But instead, stubborn Israel wanted to "be like the nations around them."

How about you and I? Do we want to fit in to this world and this culture so much that we would forsake God's word in order to do so? This world promises "life" but it is as empty. Only the life God promises and gives can be recieved by faith and in obedience to His word.

No comments: