Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Family, Friends, and Foreigners!

This week my family and I are housesitting at the home of Michael and LaTonya Lewis. We are also housing my brother-in-law and also Juan Karlos from Guatemala. I met Juan a few years ago while on a mission trip to Guate. This time around, we get to take care of him! He will be attending Christ for the Nations this fall!

The last few days as well as the remainder of this week will not be a slow one.Saturday evening we had several families over to eat and play some volleyball! Sunday the pretty wife took her little group of small group girls to the movies while I took the bro-in-law to the family clinic! (chrone disease).

Last night we had a wonderful time fellowshiping with some wonderful friends-Fritz and Sarah Niswanger. Today Jodi went on a movie date with the girls and another family while this afternoon she had some women folk over from our small group! Tonight, we ate wonderful home cooked meal. I will spend time with my girls while Jodi heads to her ladies night bible study with our small group.

Tomorrow Jodi will spend her day pouring into the lives of the two most important girls she will ever pour into-her daughters. Pouring into the offspring God has given us and making heart connections with them us a must! We are excited about our last youth summer gathering that will take place tomorrow night at the West home. Josh Taylor and our youth workers have done a GREAT job this summer putting these together! I can't wait for our first service back in a few weeks! I feel like a bull that has been locked in his cage! I'm ready to get my preach on!

Thursday night we will be having supper at the home of another special family-Richared and Angie Richardson. Lee Taylor and his wife Rachel will be there as well so this ought to be a great time of fellowship!

Okay, wheew!!!

Friday is my Sabbath so I will be resting in the Lord all day!

I am so thankful that God has filled our lives with family, friends, and a foreigner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well get ya preach on Uncle Beck!! :) Hoppy Wednesday...

LP