Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Whole Armor of God




We had our "Family Nite" this past Tuesday. "Family Nite" is our time each week where my family comes together to pray, worship, and study God's word. This past week we read out of Ephesians 6:10-17. We talked about putting on the full armor of God. I was able to get a hold of some toy armor. We had fun explaining each piece of armor to Gracen as she put them on (the breastplate of righteousness is a bit too big as you will see!). I'm sitting here explaing to my daughter about the armor she will one day need to put on herself to fight the enemy of her soul. There is something very special and very powerful that takes place when we gather together with our family to worship God in our homes.

God, help us raise a family that will pass the faith on for 1,000 generations to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Beck! Gracen is adorable! I see Jodi in her in that 1st one. I love that she has such a love of reading! Esp. God's word!
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

LP

Anonymous said...

Ahh i love it bro. That almost brought me to tears when you said that you were teaching her about the armor that she will one day have put on to defeat the enemy. Her destiny is in your hands as her father. Wow, i want to learn from you beck!

Josh