Monday, October 19, 2009

Small Group Outreach

I took my 8th grade boys small group down to the corner of Desiard and 6th Street in downtown Monroe yesterday afternoon to hook up with Ricky Nolan. Ricky is the founder of Hope Street Ministries and has served the poor now for over 28 selfless years. We met under the I-20 bridge and preached from a "dirt pulpit". I opened it up reading out of Isaiah 53:6 sharing about how we all like sheep have left God's paths to follow our own. I then shared the different parables in Luke 15 about the lost sheep, lost coin,and the lost son. Bro. Rick followed me up reading out of Romans 15. We were able to pray and minister to the needs of the people afterwards. Flo Worster also brought down her 8th grade girls small group who helped feed the people a nice warm meal. I'm so proud of our young people and them being active in serving the poor. This is always my boys favorite small group activity!

You can read more about Hope Street Ministries by clicking the link to the right of this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing for them to be involved in...

LP