Monday, December 29, 2008

Olinde Adoption Jambalaya Lunch/Dinner

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." (James 1:27)

I met the Olindes over 10 Years ago when I was at the lowest point of my life. I wasn't serving God and was desperately looking for answers to my miserable life. Chad and Nicki Olinde were apart of Claiborne Christian School and Family Church. They cared enough about my soul that they took the time to reach out to me. That year I gave my heart to Jesus Christ and was never the same!

This same couple who reached out to me is now reaching out across the globe to reach someone else-their daughter. The Olindes desire to adopt "Lillie" a little girl from Hong Kong. Adoption for the Olindes will cost between $14-$15 K so the Olindes are doing many practical things to help raise the money. This Tuesday December 30th we will be having a jambalaya lunch and dinner on the grounds of Family Church. You can pick up your lunch from 10:30-12:30 or from 5:30-7:30. It is only $6 and all the money goes to bringing Lillie home!

I believe adoption is at the heart of God! It "kills me" when I hear people say wow, "$15,000 for adoption" when we spend $20, 000 plus on pieces of metal and plastic! (vehicles). We are talking about a priceless soul in which Christ died for! Help bring her home!

Go check out thier website at www.BringingHomeLillie.com for more details.

If you have any questions please email me at beck@familychurch.org

God Bless!

No comments: