Monday, November 03, 2008

The Fall Festival and a White-Tailed Deer


What a great weekend we had! We kicked it off by having our annual "Family Fall Festival" at Family Church. The R.D. Center was literally packed out as we ate Gumbo, played games, and listened to a little "Big Al" bust off some Rhymes!
Saturday morning I slept in a little later than usual to eat breakfast with my wife. After breakfast I headed off to my deer stand with my rifle in hand. As I turned the corner there were already a few does in my food plot. I laid flat on my chest as I waited for them to give me a good shot then I took it! My shot was a bit low but when you are packing a 300 Magnum Rifle with ballistic tips it's usually not a problem! My trusty Yellow-Black Mouth Cur "Champ" sniffed him down for me. Fried Deer Steak! YUM!
Check out the pics from the weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw...what a pretty little princess..lp

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would post you to tell us you have gotten a deer! Congrats!
Gracen is a cutie! I wish that I could had seen her!

cuz jeannie

Anonymous said...

she is a beauty dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Your little girl is precious! She has got to have all of your wife's genes to be that pretty...you are a lucky man!