Thursday, March 13, 2008

I wonder...


We just wrapped up a two week series entitled, "The Unseen World" and we've been talking alot about fighting the fight of faith. We spoke to our students last night concerning the full armor of God and how we are engaged in a daily spiritual battle. As I was praying in the E3 Room this morning I looked out and saw all the empty chairs left over from last night. Last night there were students in those chairs. Last night they were worshiping God, there was loud music, and young people that filled the room. This morning in the room it was much different. I was the only one in there-the room was quite and the chairs were empty. The truth is, those students went out into the battlefield. Some of their battlefields are at home. Some of their battlefields are in school, and some of their battlefields are very private. I couldn't help but ask myself, "I wonder if they really got it last night?" "I wonder if they took to heart what we talked to them about?" "I wonder that if today they applied to thier lives what we talked about last night?" "Did they put on their armor today and fight the fight of faith? I wonder?


"But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves." (James 1:22

No comments: