Wednesday, January 02, 2008

God will move when....

"And so he did only a few miracles there because of their unbelief." (Matthew 13:58)

As I began reflecting on the New Year I thought to myself, "What will hinder God from moving miraculously in my life?" "What will make this year any different than any other years prior?" "What will keep me from becoming a better husband, father, or minister?" The answer is the same thing that has always kept God from moving in my life...me! Wait a minute, you mean I can keep God from doing great things in my life? Yep! In Matthew and in many other instances in the Bible Jesus was amazed at people's unbelief and therefore held back from doing the miraculous!

What if this year we truly submitted to God in EVERY area of our life? Not just in prayer and Bible reading but with our mouths? With our conversations? With our attitudes? With our relationships? It's up to you and me. God is withholding just to withhold, he is waiting on us so quit waiting on Him. Make a move!

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

two good posts in a row...

LP

Anonymous said...

just discovered this site through LP..and would love to subscribe so I can read daily. Thank you for being a light in what can be a dark world...if we allow our struggles to overcome us.