Monday, December 31, 2007

Words from Paul

As we wrap up the year 2007 I like to take the time to reflect on events that have taken place in my life. Last night over a date at Chili's, my wife and I named the top three events that were most exciting in our lives and also the top 3 trying events we had experienced as well.

Some of my most memorable highlights for the year were:

1) My baby's 1st B-Day.
2) Arriving at Family Church/Going into full-time ministry.
3)Getting into our new house two nights before Christmas.
4) Getting to see my daughter run down the hall Christmas morning.
5) Knowing what truly matters for eternity this Christmas.
6) Being humbled by the outpouring of love and giving by Family Church.

Some of our more trying times.

1) Leaving our previous church.
2) Trusting God for the finances we needed until we got stable income.
3) My daughter having a seizure then being hospitalized.
4) Being without a home for 3 months.

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." (Philippians 3:12-14)

For some of us 2007 was a great year, but for others it may have been a difficult one. For some it might have been a year of mistakes and failures. I encourage you with the same words Paul did, "Forget the past and look forward to what lies ahead."

I pray you go into the year 2008 with extreme focus on God and Family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is my favorite scripture...good post and I look forward to a great 2008!
LP