Monday, October 29, 2007

What a weekend!







One of my greatest passions in life is deer hunting. Over the past few weeks I have not been able to go much at all but the time finally came when I was able to this past Saturday. I was able to harvest a doe during my morning hunt and had a big surprise when a couple of hogs came out in the evening. It is truly refreshing to me to be able to have that "away time" from everything and just be with God in His creation.

Family Nights are one of my favorite nights of the month here at Family Church. There is not another group of people I would rather spend my time with than those who God has placed closest to me-my family. Jodi, Gracen, and myself went out to Prarion Recreation Center where we strolled the baby around and enjoyed the nice weather. Jodi and I discussed some of the most joyful and challenging times we've faced the past five years of our lives. We also cast vision and dreamed together about the next five years of our lives. Jodi and I noticed another family playing ball out in the grass in the recreation area. Jodi said to me, "There is not a thing you could give those kids that money could buy that would replace that right there." (the time being spent with family making memories)

Our Fall Festival is this Wednesday Night here at Family Church and then Jodi and I are off to Gulf Shores for a weekend wedding! I pray you have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE PICTURE OF YOU THREE IS ALREADY UP ON THE FRIDGE. DAD

Anonymous said...

SOME OF OUR BEST TIMES WERE HUNTING. BEING WITH YOU WHEN YOU KILLED YOUR FIRST DEER. DAD