Sunday, October 21, 2007

That's a wrap...


Doug Fields brought a tremendous message last night on "Envy". He preached out of Genesis and shared the story of Josepeh and how his brothers "envied him." Envy is dangerous to our soul and ministries. How many times have you commented on another church because they "do things differently?Maybe they have something you "want" or wish you possessed! Do you find yourself envious of that co-worker because he/she spends more time with the Pastor or boss? Do you find yourself envious of someone else because of the success they are having in ministry? We as Christians and yes as church leaders can be as guilty as anyone! How many reputations have we "murdered" with our tongues because of envy?
So how do we protect ourselves from envy? Guard your heart by celebrating with others! When someone preaches a good message-pat them on the back. If someone gets promoted within the church or job-congratulate them! Refuse to be "sucked" in by envy!
The convention wraps up Monday morning but Jodi and I will be flying back in the morning.
Have a great Sunday evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...that was a good post...hurry and get back before the fires spread!!

LP

Anonymous said...

We did not hear that you all got smoked in so I am taken it for granted that you all got out of there ok. see you two when you get home. We have had a blast with Gracen. Grandmother has had to take completely over. This morning when I bent over to get my shoes, I had a very very sharp pain from my lower back. I almost could not straighten up and it took awhile before I could even walk. Momma had to help me put my pants on. Pain pill has made it ease up. Can't wait to hear about your trip and everything else that is going on. JB and I went out to the Ponderosa yeasterday. NOw that is what you call gutting a house. new room in back is up. talk to the two men for a couple of minutes. we love you two and we love that beautiful youngin of yours. She is a pleasure. Your prayers of having a happy baby is certainly answered. see you soon dad very good post