Monday, September 17, 2007

Pouring In then Pouring Out

“But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.” (Phil. 2:17-18)

“…I’m being poured out like a drink offering…”

One thing I strive to do each and every day of my life is to pour out the life of God that is in me into other people. I strive to pour the life of God into students, teenagers, those around me, my family, and just people in general. However, there are two things we must realize before this takes place:

1) You cannot pour into others what you have not first allowed God to pour into you.
· If you are not making deposits into your own life when those around you begin to make withdrawals you will be “used up” because you have nothing to give.
· You make “deposits” by allowing God to pour into you. Seek Him daily by being still, reading his word, and spending time in his presence worshiping Him.

2) You can’t give others what you don’t have yourself.
· If you aren’t full of the love of Christ then you can’t go out and spread that love. You can’t give what you don’t have. You can spread what you don’t possess.

Before we can pour into others we must allow God to pour into our lives by spending time with Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog...

LP