Monday, September 10, 2007

Never too early...

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!"
(Psalm 127:3-5)

This past weekend we had a lot going on between the church and youth ministry but there was one thing that took place that took priority over them all-a daddy daughter date. My little girl Gracen is only 14 months old but I believe I can never start to early "dating" her.

Over the past few years I've seen and learned from many other ministers mistakes of neglecting family in the name of Christ or for "ministry." The Bible says "how can you manage the church if you can't manage your home?" I am determined with the help of the Lord to show my little girl the love and attention she needs so that she won't have to find it somewhere else. I don't want to spend so much time "ministering to others" that I don't take the time to "minister to my family."

My wife dressed Gracen and then I took her out to our favorite place to eat-McAllisters. We took turns feeding each other and we had the best time visiting outside.

I encourage you this week to take the time to "minister" and love on those closest to you-family.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracen is so blessed to have you for a Daddy! You make a great Daddy.

She is so beautiful! I pray she is feeling better!

Love & Prayers,
Cuz Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeannie for your sweet comment. We are thankful for you.

Beck