Friday, August 31, 2007

Spiritual B-Day

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2Cor.5:17)

When you think of your most memorable birthday what comes to mind? A particular party you were given? A new car? A special card someone wrote and gave you?

I can remember the most memorable birthday I ever had and it had nothing to do with a new car, a card, or anything like that. This gift was different and it was special. As a matter of fact, I can remember when I was born-actually born-again. Ten years ago today I received the gift of salvation given to me from Jesus Christ. Ever since that "spiritual birthday" I've never been the same. I've had my "ups and downs", victories and defeats, but Christ has given me the strength to continue on triumphantly.

What about you? Have you received that gift? Have you forgotten about that gift? Do you still appreciate that gift?

Thank you Jesus for changing my life ten years ago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well HOPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Beck, That is a birthday you will probably never forget. unless you choose to of course. I was only 12 years old when it happened to me, right out there at what is now Living Way. I was slain in the spirit and talked in tongues half the night. My grandmother was so worried about me, but the old man down the road said leave her alone, "At least we know where she will go if she dies." Was always a joke with the old man as long as he lived.