Thursday, April 26, 2007

Taking him at his word

“Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, 6. Saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.'' 7. And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him.'' 8. The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. 9. "For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, `Go,' and he goes; and to another, `Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, `Do this,' and he does it.'' 10. When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! 11. "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12. "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'' 13. Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.'' (Matthew 8:5-13)

Much could be said and taught from what we read above but I want to point out one verse; “But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.” (v. 8b)

Not long ago in prayer the spirit of the Lord spoke something to me that pricked my heart; “stop doubting and believe.” I meditated on what the Lord had spoken to me. What would happen if I and we would truly take God at his word? His whole word? If we abandoned every bit of doubt and unbelief? The great Smith Wigglesworth said, “Only believe.” When will we start taking Jesus Christ at His word? When will we start living like we believe? Sure we may say we believe the word of God but do our actions show otherwise? When his word tells us not to worry and we worry are we truly taking him at his word? When his word tells us not to doubt and we doubt are we truly taking him at his word? When he tells us something through his word about our lives and yet we doubt that are we truly walking in faith? Why do we not take him at his word? Is it because others words are no good to us? Jesus is not a man that he should lie! We can take him at his word!

The centurion had such faith in Jesus that he didn’t even need him to come to his home to heal his servant but only “send his word.” His word was enough! His word was sufficient! We can build our lives on his word! We can truly take him at his word!

So many times we show up for meetings or for church for everything other than the word! His word is just as powerful today as it was when it was written by the Holy Ghost!

“In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning.” (John 1:1)

“The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (John 1:14)

Simply put; Jesus Christ is the living, breathing, walking word of the living God! We see God when we see Jesus! We see the will of the Lord when we look to Jesus; his word!

What are of your life are you being challenged to take him at his word? In the area of healing? In the area of deliverance? In the area of provision?

Psalms 138:10, “I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name”

Believe God and take Him at His word!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that if you truly will grasp what you just wrote... God is WILL and IS going to DO great and mighty things for and through you. Keep believing Beck!

Anonymous said...

Like the song, I believe Avalon sings...take him at his word...or point of grace...one of those groups! Good subject...