Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fast Completed...

Well last night we broke our "21 Day Fast" over a meal together at Genusa's Restaurant in Monroe. Laney White and Stacie Watts did a great job orchastrating the event although we had to jet out a few minutes early to pick up our 7th month old at her Granny's.

Pastor Joel did a great job in our new series for the month of February on relationships. He communicated the message in a funny yet powerful way. He and his wife Angel have done so much for Jodi and I in our marriage relationship.

These past 21 days have been some of the best days spiritually that I've personally experienced in about the past five or six years of my life. I plan with the help of the Holy Spirit to make this much more...no let me rephrase that...I plan to MAKE this a lifestyle from here on out. With that being said, the past 21 days I've experienced trials and attacks that I have not gone through in a very, very long time. Satan tempts you to want to "back off" or to "let up just a hair" so his forces will let up but you must not. The past 21 days, I've learned many, many things. The fast was also more than just seeking God about answering your prayers, it was about what He wanted to do in your life, how He wanted to purify your heart so that you can grow closer to Him and be used for His kingdom. The last day of the fast I've learned one thing...You must obey the word of God and the Holy Spirit regardless of the price or the cost. He will always and I do mean always reward those who are obedient.

My prayer is for all of those who stayed commited to this church-wide fast and to encourage those who did not participate to join in during the next fast and experienced the blessing of denying self and following Christ.

Have a great week!

No comments: