Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Never too late!

"Your daughter is dead," they said. "Why bother the teacher anymore?" Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid: just believe." (Mark 5:35-36)

"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died." (John 11:21)

We see from two different instances in the word where people felt they were in a hopeless situation. They felt as though the "deal was sealed", "the nails were in the coffin", "the fat lady had sung". "Your daughter is dead, Lazarus is dead!" There is no overturning what has taken place, what's done is done!

Maybe you find yourself in a situation like that now, a dead situation. A hopeless situation. A situation that looks like it could never be fixed or made right.

Let me tell you these situations couldn't have seemed more hopeless, I mean these people were DEAD! You can't get anymore hopeless than that! But when Jesus comes on the scene...c'mon now as Bro.Joel would say...there is never a situation he can't reverse! Circumstances he can't reverse! Situations he can't raise from the dead! Lost people he can't raise from the dead! Finances he can't raise from the dead! A sick body he can't heal!

All we are to do is simply...believe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good and so true. That's what I believe about things that are going on right now...God has the final answer in everything!!! Good post!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becksterlis!

You did a great job tonight! Sorry we didn't come to eat with everybody, We had to come home, We'll go next time! I can't wait for sunday I'll be cheering for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck!
I am so excited about sunday!!! I can't wait to be there to cheer you on, and see my baby gracen get dedicated... You are so awesome...Thanks for all you do for us and the youth. The message was awesome last night... I woke up and spent more time with God than I usually do today, and I'm going to keep it up. If you need anything let me know!!!