Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Jail Ministry

I had the privilege of accompanying Ricky Nolan of Hope Street Ministries to preach in the Union Parish Detention Center in Farmerville, Louisiana last night. Bro.Rick and I have worked off and on for the past 5-6 years in jail/street ministry. Rick has served faithfully in these areas now for over 18 years.

It is such a "rush" to bring the gospel in such a dark place as we were. The gospel brings light and freedom no matter how dark a place is;no matter how oppressed a place is;no matter how bound the captives are,the gospel sets those free to whom receive it! It is encouraging to see the attentiveness and responsiveness of the inmates. Rick and I "tag teamed" preached and then had the honor to pray for over a dozen inmates, two of which recieved salvation for the first time.

I always have such a great time but am always grateful they let me out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
You did a great job tonight on your sermon.. You are truly a talented man, And I know that God has big goals and plans for your life in ministry... Thanks for everything you do! Tell Jodi I said hey and kiss Gracen for me!

Anonymous said...

Bekah,

You are a sweetheart. We love you.