Saturday, July 15, 2006

Got Paint?

We just wrapped up a morning of fun-filled paint-slingin, sweat pourin paintball fun! Wait a minute here!!! Christians can't do that! We dont' need to be teaching teenagers to have fun now do we? Where in the world is the church headed!!!??? Oh my gosh! Please!!! Jesus is the King of Joy! We preach Jesus to these teens week in and week out! It's okay to have alittle fun along with it huh? Feed em nanchos, chips, and fill the room with PSII's who cares! The point is, once they are there they are going to get a straight forward message from the word of God! If they get it with cheese runnin down thier face, who cares! Didn't it say in Corinthians to, "find a common ground?".

I spent my high school years having fun alright! Right along with the devil! I thought Christians were nerd's and didn't know how to have fun. Well, we are seeing these teenangers get right with Jesus and why should't Christians have the most fun? I mean, we do know the true meaning of life!

Anyways, I had a blast guys! (little sore from getting shot) I love all of you and you are the best teens ever! I'm proud of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,

Great post! We do what we do because we know what God has called us to do and who we are to reach. We will keep doing what we do because my heart (as well as yours) burns with a strong passion for the un-churched or non-churched of our community. I'm gonna try and beat your butt at PS2 tomorrow night!

J.D.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot...you ain't touching the reset or start over button as you call it! Forget it! It's on now!

Joel

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed lunch Bro. Joel! You are the best Pastor ever!

Advice: Spend the rest of your afternoon practicing, practicing, practicing NCAA Football! You are going to need it!

:)

Beck