Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wrapping up April and bringing in May

We wrapped up the month of April 2006 this past weekend with a bang.
To start the weekend off, the “Twenty Something” group had a “fast food” picnic at Kiroli Park where we enjoyed eating, fellowshipping, volleyball, and kickball (still sore from that). We always have a wonderful time getting together and Skye and Kyla Hibbard do a fantastic job putting these events together.
After Kiroli Park, Jodi and I went to the home of Cheryl and Joe Lopez where they were wrapping up their “Forty Something” Group. Joe and Cheryl invited Jodi and I to stay the night in their beautiful home in Fiddlers Creek. Joe and I stayed up watching a “cop show” then I hit the sack for some much needed rest after a long week. Saturday morning Jodi and I woke up to the smell of breakfast! Sister Cheryl can cook it up! She made us bacon, eggs, biscuits, grits, potatoes, smoothie drinks, wonderful fellowship! After the wonderful meal, Jodi and I soaked up some words of wisdom from Bro. Joe then headed back home.
Andrew Eastmond was our guest this past Sunday at Life Church. After playing a few songs on his guitar (and boy can he play!) he gave a very timely word from the word of God. We always enjoy Bro. Eastmond coming to Life Church to share each year.
To start off the month of May our Pastor declared a month of prayer and fasting. I am very excited about this declaration and I pray that all of us at Life Church would humble ourselves and pray and seek his face! May we see God do some amazing things in our lives and his church in the month of May!
Let’s remember and pray for our Pastor, Angel, Joe, and Stacie as they are in Jacksonville, Florida this week at the Association on Related Churches Conference that Celebration Church has hosted this week.
Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck!
I missed you last night, things weren't the same without you there. I hope your feeling better, if you need anything let me know! I'm praying for you! love ya !
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey Beckerlis,

I missed you wedneday, I have no idea what we would do without you, You're like our glue to hold us all together, Hope your feeling better! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I expect to be in full-swing this Wednesday! See you there!