Thursday, May 24, 2012

Family Church Beach Trip Devotion-DAY 1


“The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.” Psalm 121:8

Most nights before I go to bed, I thank God that he watches over my family even when I am not. I can rest in peace at night knowing my Heavenly Father is watching over each one of my family members even as my eyes are closed. Although I sleep, he does not!

I can’t watch over every one of my family members, loved ones, and friends every second of the day, but I am thankful that HE does.  When I am physically away from those I love, I’m thankful that because God is omnipresent, HE is there even when I am not.

We can experience such perfect peace trusting in God’s sovereignty. That he sees all, knows all, watches over all, and knows what’s best for us. We can travel in peace and enjoy our time together this week knowing that we have prayed and trusted God with the protection of our lives and families.

Dear Lord,

We thank you for the opportunity to have an incredible week with our family and friends. We ask you to protect us from any accidents or harm as we travel. We pray for you to protect us from sickness, harm, and from the evil one’s schemes. We trust that you foresee what we cannot; and, that you allow what you know is best for us. We pray for your hand to be on this entire week!

In Jesus name!

No comments: