Thursday, April 16, 2009

St. Judes







I along with four of our seniors from the student ministry left at 7 am this morning to head for Memphis, Tennessee. Our first stop was St. Jude's Research Hospital for a 1 PM tour. My heart was touched to the core to see so many young people suffering from a such a deadly disease as cancer. I was absolutely blown away at how awesome St. Jude's Hospital is! They turn no child away and pay for any patient that can't afford care. It cost 1.3 million dollars a day to run the hospital!

We then took it to Beale Street to tour some places and then ate some supper at BB King's Restaurant. I met up with an old time friend who blessed us all by paying for our meals!

The fun wasn't over yet as we then took it to Family Golf and Game Park. We hit golf balls, hit in the batting cages, and topped it off by racing golf carts. Let me just say I have a headache and my stomach hurts after laughing so hard. We had so much fun. So now we are kicking it at the hotal and getting ready to get up in the morning and head to Graceland before we head back to West Monroe.

4 comments:

chad o. said...

Is that Matt B.?

Anonymous said...

Beck says, yes!

Anonymous said...

You need to fix your blog statement. You now have 3 women in your life:)

Anonymous said...

looks like ya had fun!
LP