Monday, January 05, 2009

Life is exciting...when it once was a dread!

“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” (John 10:10)

Imagine crying yourself to sleep at night because you saw no hope for your life. Imagine becoming a person you never intended to become. Imagine living in regret and wondering why your life turned out a way you had never planned. Imagine living with hurt, anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness. Imagine having something else control you and hold you in bondage. Imagine dreading getting out of the bed and facing the dreary day that was ahead.

Maybe some of you can imagine that and experienced some of the things I mentioned above. That was my life just over ten years ago. Life was such a dread then but now-life is exciting to me! I can’t wait to get up and take the day on! I can’t wait to spend time with the God who changed my life, gave me hope, and cleansed me of my sin! I see light now and definitely have hope! God is using me and has blessed me with a family of my own! Now, I get to preach the gospel that set me free to others that they too may be set free!

My wife told me the other day, “Beck, you are always in such a good mood!” While, that is a bit of an exaggeration what difference there is in my life now than there was in my past! When depression used to have me by my throat, God’s power broke the chains! It’s not a good mood, its joy! Joy I thought I could never obtain, and never would have without Christ!
Life. To so many it is ritualistic, boring, and dull. But with Christ, it is exciting! Sure, as Christians we face trials, difficulties, and hard times but boy, it sure is better walking through those things KNOWING that Christ is on the throne of your heart!

Have a great New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until your 2nd princess gets here.. I bet we won't be able to wipe the grin off your face!! I pray your beautiful wife is feeling good! This cuz of hers is having a hard time breathing with this little man inside of me!

Love ya!
Cuz Jeannie