Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkeys, Christmas Trees, and Preachin!







There is nothing in the world quite like a good-ole fried turkey for Thanksgiving! I spent most of the morning (after my morning hunt) frying a turkey out in the front yard for my family and guests. We hosted Thanksgiving this year at my home for the first time in our newly renovated house. Another "1st" this year was everyone around the table said what they were thankful for. It was great!
That afternoon we went to Peppers Tree Farm out where we live to pick out our Christmas Tree. This is something Jodi and I have done the past 6 years. We spent that evening putting it up and the next morning decorated the tree with Gracen, my daughter.
I'm up at the church this Saturday morning doing some praying and prep for tomorrow mornings message, "Staying Engaged in the Battle". I have the wonderful opportunity to speak to the body here at Family Church during this Sunday's Service. Please pray for me as a share what God has placed on my heart!
Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck! Just wanted to let you know how much your message encouraged me.. specifically on the power of prayer. I need to pray more specifically, more fervently and it's never too much! Thank you from hearing from God and sharing His perfect Word with us!

Anonymous said...

well prepared sermon and very good
enjoyed it immensely