Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hope Street Ministries

"If you help the poor, you are lending to the Lord-and he will repay you!" (Proverbs 19:17)

I just added a blog site to my blogroll to the right of this blogsite. Ricky Nolan and Hope Street Ministries (www.hopestreetministries.org) is a ministry that has been serving the poor both practically and spiritually faithfully for over twenty years!

Ricky Nolan has been leading this ministry that meets in downtown Monroe every Sunday afternoon at 4 PM.

I have served with this ministry on the street for many years in the past and still as I can help with the prison ministry as well. I cherish the relationship I have with Ricky Nolan (he was in my wedding as well). Part of who I am today is because of what I've learned serving and preaching with "Bro. Rick". He is a big man with a big heart!

Will you pray for this ministry and see what God would lead you to do to be apart?

"Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him." (Proverbs 14:31)

No comments: