Monday, July 14, 2008

Another arrow in the quiver!

One of the greatest joys I have as a father is to drive to my country home in the evening after a long day to be greeted by my two year old daughter on our front porch! There is just something about seeing a precious life that is so happy to see you! It just does something to a father's heart. I wonder if that is how God feels when we come to him so childlike?

Anyways, last Tuesday evening I drive home to just that scenario except this time my little girl was holding a couple of white sticks in her hand with her mother standing by. "I big sister daddy". "What's that you say baby?", I said as I took a closer look at her "sticks". Once I realized they weren't sticks but two pregnancy tests which were both POSITIVE I was filled with joy! So my wife of almost six years is now pregnant with baby #2.

Building a Godly family God's way is one of the biggest joys and responsibilities I have ever had as a man. What a joy to love, train, discipline, and encourage a family towards full devotion to Christ! This is something I will never outgrow.

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates." (Psalm 127:3-5)

No comments: