Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reflection of who He is...Love in Action


(inside father-in-laws house as small group arrived)




(above left is the outside of our almost finished new home) (middle is when Gracen was hospitalized. People strolling her in a little red wagon)
"Beck, I've been around a lot of churches, a lot of Christians, and a lot of different denominations through the years and I've NEVER seen anything like this. They are the real deal."

Those were the words that came forth out of my father-in-laws mouth after three car loads of people and students came over and fed us and also left us with a touching card. Most of you know we came to Family Church early in the year and God has continued to do nothing less than miraculous things in our lives. We now serve in full-time ministry at Family Church and are about to move in our brand new home on our land. We have been in my father-in-laws house for over three months now and are anxious to move in my Christmas.

What does Christ look like? Should we see Him when we look at the lives of other believers? Is it easier to talk about Christ than to live like Him? Why don't we see believers share and give like they did in the book of Acts? My family and I have witnessed the believers of Family Church give like I've never seen give. You don't ever hear about it, why? Because they don't advertise it...they don't let there right hand know what the left is doing..but I wanted to take a second and give God praise of the love that we have received. Many people went in together to buy us a 3 ton heat/air unit in which we did not have at our other house-it was very expensive. My daughter had a scary episode in which she was hospitalized for five days. I saw Christ in people coming and giving us clothes to wear and food to eat. I saw Christ in the women who came to relieve Jodi and walk my baby girl around in a little red wagon. I saw Christ in people who came and worked, some 16 hours straight, free of charge to get our house done. I saw people come and work in the cold wet rain to get the outside of our house cleaned up. I could go on and on and it not stop. We have been amazed and humbled. The thing is, we aren't the only story, there is multitudes of stories we see happen week in and week out. It is a lifestyle and preached from the pulpit.

What if we all pitched in and helped? What if we all walked out what we so proudly talk out? What if we truly reflected Christ? Praise be to God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true...good post and I'm excited to see everything come together for you guys!

Love ya!

LP