Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Love of Father

(Pictured to the left is my beautiful daughter Gracen Hope Payne)
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" (I John 3:1)
I can't even begin to explain to you the joy that is within me when I look at this picture to your left. For those of you who have children you know what I'm talking about. There is a love inside of you that is very hard to explain. As much as I love my daughter it pales in comparison to the love that our heavenly father has for his children.
Do you not know that if you are born again God calls you His child? Is that not amazing!? As a matter of fact so that you could become His child He gave up His first son so that you and I could become His children! Even more amazing! I can't even begin to think about giving up my child for ANYONE let alone someone ungrateful, sinful, rebellious, etc. But that is what Christ did! He gave His son even when He knew people would mock Him, reject Him, and kill Him just so He could adopt you and I as His very own kids! What a father of love! What a dad!
If and when you ever doubt our God's love stop and take a look at a child...maybe even your child. Remember what He gave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful daddy to our little girl. I know that you will continue to be the best dad in the world. Grace and I are lucky to have you!