Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Crazy Start!

Okay, my head is spinning very fast now! The past two weeks of my life has been extremely busy. This past Monday Claiborne Christian School started which means I got underway teaching 6th and 8th grade Bible. As of next week the school will also start chapel services which I have the honor of leading as campus pastor. I'm excited to see what God has in store for the next year.

Monday morning I was able to have breakfast with one of my most favorite people in the world-Pastor Michael O'Neal. I have never in my life been around someone that lives and preaches as closely to the word of God than that man of God does. He is trully one of my "heros". I soak up every word that comes out of his mouth because wisdom flows from it.

Today the high school goes to Jimmie Davis State Park on Caney Lake where we will have a three day spiritual retreat to begin the school year. I will have the honor of speaking to them during Thursday night's service.

Tonight, we will have our first service @ E3 Student Ministries of Family Church to kick of the new school year as well. We are excited about having the new junior high students attend for the first time!

This Sunday we will have a special service at Family Church. We will be celebrating what God has done and the lives He has changed since he brought Pastor Michael and Mrs. Vicki O'Neal to Family Church thiry years ago. I will have the wonderful and humbling opportunity to share a little of my story on how God changed my life ten years ago at CCS. We are excited to be apart of what God is going to do in and through Family Church the next ten years.

Being able to focus on the kingdom full-time now has fulfilled me more than words can express. Being able to focus everyday on influencing the lives of young people will matter for eternity.

This Sunday night I have the opportunity to influence the people that matter most to me-Jodi and Gracen. He has blessed me with a beautiful daughter and wife to enjoy this journey we call life.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a Godly example for our family. Gracen and I appreciate you taking the role of a spiritual leader in our home. God has and will continue to bless you.

We love you!

Beck Payne said...

Thank you precious!