Monday, July 02, 2007

New Orleans Mission

I just returned from our Mission to inner city New Orleans, LA and I wish I had the space to write all of the events that touched my life.

A few things that touched my heart were:

1) To see the devastation from hurricane Katrina
2) Swim, play, etc. with the inner city kids in the projects
3) Rebuild homes that hadn't been touched in 1 1/2
4) To see teenagers work in unity and reflect teamwork
5) Ate fried chicken in a family's home in the projects
6) Built relationships with teenagers and youth workers
7)See people the way Christ does

As I walked in the first home we were to clean up it was dark, damaged, destroyed, and broken. As I was placing the damaged items in my wheel barrel cleaning it up I realized something...that house looked alot like some peoples lives I've seen. It looked alot like mine when Christ found me...Maybe it looked like yours...dark, destroyed, damaged, and needing restored. Just as we were cleaning that dirty house I reflected on how Christ came to clean our house...our lives...our hearts...through the blood of His son Jesus Christ and the work of the great Holy Spirit.

The Sunday service yesterday was all student lead and I should have up the link within the next week.

Thanks for praying with us.

I love you,

Beck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were touched by the things that you saw in New Oreleans. And great analogy to use comparing the houses to our lives~!

Glad you had a great trip!!

LP