Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who is in control?

Day 10

"A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" (Mark 4:37-38)

Here we find the disciples with Jesus going somewhere when a serious storm came up. They wondered to themselves, "Why doesn't He do anything?" "He could stop this storm if He wanted?". "Why is He not doing anything?" "Does He care about us?" "Is He mad at us?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?". Have you ever allowed those thoughts to cross your mind? Have you ever battled the thought of, "Is Jesus really in control of my life?" "Of my situations?" "Of my circumstances?". Yes He is! If we take our "control" off of it and realize He is the one who is truly in control. I am constantly reminded that He is in control of my life. Even at times when I can't see it.

He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" (Mark 4:39-40)

You see although Jesus was "sleeping" through this storm He always was in complete control. Jesus can speak one word into your storm and situation and calm it if he so desires. But do we have the faith to believe that? Do we have the faith to KNOW THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,

I am following your Blog during this 21 day fast very close and I must say that God has given you wisdom beyond your years. The words that you are speaking on your posts are very powerful. I am proud of you! Keep telling us what God is saying. See you later today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bro.Joel.