Monday, January 22, 2007

Embarking on a journey

We are in the 2nd day of our "21 Day Fast" as a church.
I pray these next several weeks is a spiritual journey like no other.
Fasting is a time where we "deny ourselves" the fleshly pleasures of food or foods to seek God's face. Jesus himself said, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4) It always amazes me when I fast, how I realize the "things" I cling to when I don't fast. When we strip ourselves of the pleasures of food it compels us to humble ourselves before God because there is nothing else to hold on to. Funny how when we are stressed, anxious, worried, fearful, we tend to run to the refrigerator or food cabinet. Fasting causes us to deny those things which we feel brings "temporary relief" and run to God! Fasting is the spiritual "steroid" we need to break chains of bondage, to bring true humility in our lives, and for God's word to become rhema!
I pray you, along with your family, unify and seek the Lord together. I will be keeping up with a journal that I will most likely keep private. May God speak to you these next several weeks and may we draw ever so closely to him!

Now is the time to pursue God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fasting has been some of the best times I have ever seen God move!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Let me know if I can do anything for you tomorrow! See ya tomorrow night :D