Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I see dead deer...

"Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature (deer) that moves on the ground." (Genesis 1:28) paraphrase mine

The next several months are the most favorite of the year for me. You possibly will see my entrie wardrobe change to camouflage for a while. This past week was a full-filling one for me while I spent a few mornings and afternoons in the woods taking advantage of the cooler weather. Myself and my brother in law went hunting after the white-tailed deer this past week and three deer later...well, let's not get into a long story here. Let's just say we got our meat in the freezer so now it's time to hunt the big boys!

We continue with our current series for the month tomorrow night (Wednesday) with a message entitled, "Speak the Language". It is based out of I. Corinthians 10:22-23. "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

Now if I'm trying to call in a white-tailed deer would I use a turkey call? If I was trying to call in (reach) a turkey would I use a grunt call? Of course not! So why is it as Christians we do that when trying to reach the lost? Speak the language!

Come on out this Wednesday night where we will experience an encounter with the Holy Spirit through worship, a life changing message that only the Word of God could bring, awesome friendships, and cool giveaways!

See ya there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,

Tonight was amazing! You did a great job, And everyone really enjoyed the prizes... Can't wait for next week I think it will be a packed service :) Hahah... All the teens are very interested to see how its gonna turn out!
Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

(oops wrong link to my blog sorry this is the right one)