Friday, July 21, 2006

Supporting your Pastor

"Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that thier work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you." (Hebrews 13:17)

Since coming to Life Church to serve over three years ago my respect for pastors has gone up tremendously. So many people think that being a Pastor would be the ideal job. I mean all they do is get to pray and preach right? Hmm...think again! There are so many things that pastors have to do "behind the scenes" that people never see. They are far too numerous to name so I won't even go there.

Point is, I often think, "Am I a joy or a burden to my pastor? Maybe we all need to ask ourselves that question. So many times, we only bring the negative to our pastors attention instead of all the positive we see going on.

I want to challenge you this weekend. Get behind our pastor! Support him! Pray for him! Be good to him and not only him, but his family. He watches over us like a good leader!

Thank you Pastor Joel for everything you do for Life Church WM and our community. Angel, Bekah, and Hannah, thank you for giving your lives for the gospel!

We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck,
Great message. Your right we are very blessed to have Joel teaching us. You are also a blessing. My boys look up to you and they think you are great. Thats alot coming from teenagers. Thank you.
Becky
p.s. Take it easy on bro. Joel when it comes to the ps2 you could let him win once...lol

Anonymous said...

beck, you commented my blog and i think you thought i was hannah b/c you said "im very proud of you, hannah." i just wanted to let you know this is emily ::the blonde headed girl that comes with jessica shannon to church on wednesdays::

by the way, i loved your "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" message... it taught me a lot.

in Christ,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Sorry Emily,

I can be air headed sometimes. Welp, I'm proud of you too!

Beck