Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Strolling through Proverbs

I've been spending alot of time in the book of Proverbs lately and I tell you what...I'm enjoying it! To me, there isn't another book in the Bible that is so relevant to our everyday life.
The next few post's, I would like to take some time to talk about a few scriptures in the book of Proverbs.

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (or he will direct your paths)"

1. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart."
Man, that can be a tough one. If there is anyone on this earth whom we can trust can't it be God? But why is it sometimes it IS so tough to trust him? Maybe the word trust has been thrown around by other relationships we've been in. Maybe you've heard the words, "trust me" from another person and that statement hasn't meant much to you.
We are told to trust God with ALL of our heart. Not some of it. Not half of it. ALL of it! When we do, we will experience peace and joy beyond our comprehension.
2. "lean not on your own understanding."
You may be going through something in your life now and asking yourself, "Why am I going through this?" "I don't understand why this is happening." "Why did this happen to my friend?" or "Why didn't I get that big case?".
We are told not to lean on our understanding I believe because OUR own understanding is limited. In other words, we can't see the big picture, only God does! He alone knows what's best and we must trust in that!
3. "in all your ways acknowledge him"
In every area of your life we are to acknowledge God. Through the good and the bad! We are to say, "Lord, I don't know why I'm going through this but I acknowledge your presence! I acknowledge your goodness and I praise you for it!
4. "and he will direct your paths"
When we are truly trusting God in our lives and giving him full acknowledgement of every aspect we not need to worry about where our lives are headed because he is first and foremost in our lives! "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these other things will be added unto you as well." (Matt. 6:33)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope I stayed away from the waterballon fight, It always gets to intense for me lol :) Tell Jodi I said hey!