Friday, May 26, 2006

The Price for Freedom

Almost two years ago I came to a turning point in my secular career. My dad was retiring after 24 years with State Farm, five or more of those years which I worked for him, and it was time for me to make a decision. I decided to become an agent myself with the New York Life because I wanted the opportunity to "be my own boss." In other words, I wanted to be free! In charge of my own time! What many don't realize is freedom comes with a price. Yes, I'm able to hunt more, enjoy time with my wife more, and spend more time doing the things I like to do but not without a price! Hard work and unfaltering commitment must be paid for this freedom! In other words, freedom is not free!

Jesus Christ come to this earth to set us free from sin but not without a price! He paid the ultimate price by dying on a cross for our sins that we may enjoy the freedom in Christ we have now.

As we approach Memorial Day Weekend, we must remember the price that was paid for our freedom! We are to honor the dead of those who died in combat for the freedom of others! We have many brothers and sisters in Christ that have given thier lives for the sake of the gospel we need to remember as well.

Enjoy your weekend but remember the freedom with have today whether it be in Christ, in this country, or in any other area there had to be a price to pay! Be thankful!

Beck

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Beck. I think we sometimes forget the price that people have paid for our freedom.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beck!
Great post!!! Thanks for everything you do for us, if you ever need me to do anything just let me know..Your a blessing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beck,

man have I been thinking about that all day. Chilling out, resting, eating bar b q, etc. All the while there are thousands of young americans laying it all the line so we can enjoy all of this. Makes me really appreciate those guys!