Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blessed by Hardships

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds…” (James 1:2)

I don’t know about you but I can’t remember the last time I “considered it pure joy” whenever I faced trials of many kinds in my life! A lot of times I’m “bummed” to see them come! So many times as Christians we try to pray away or rebuke the devil when hard times come our way believing it is an attack by the enemy. Sometimes, this can be true but sometimes it is a “test” directly from God! A lot of Christians believe that “being blessed” or being “successful” means being void of hardships but what more of a blessing could we ask for but when God allows hardships in our lives to come that they may cause us to grow in our walk with Christ! “…because the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:3-4)

The Bible teaches us in Acts 14:22 that “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.” As Christians we must realize that hardships must come and hardships we must face but by the grace of God he sustains us and gives us victory! He allows us to face hard times so our faith may be refined by fire and proven genuine! It is through hardships that he is molding you into a mighty soldier of God!
So how will you respond the next time you face hardships? See it as an opportunity to grow in the faith! Remember, God will never leave you and will walk with you even during times of testing! Consider it a blessing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beckster,

Awesome post! Your doing a great job keep it up! Tell Jodi I said hey. Love you guys!

Bekah

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm being blessed then. Thanks for the post. I needed that today, more than you know!

Anonymous said...

Thats just what I needed. Awesome post!! <3 you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beck,

I have been keeping up with your posts and you have an awesome gift. I get something out of it everytime. Keep seeking God and sharing what He gives you. I am proud of you!

Joel